From keeping the lights on to offering quality programs, your company can make a difference each day in the lives of Gesu students.
Sponsor Gesu Events
Our annual symposium and gala offer opportunities to support outstanding inner-city education and to be acknowledged via listings or logo recognition in Gesu publications and promotional materials, such as event signage, program books, and webpages.
Support Gesu’s Pressing Needs
Unique in today’s educational landscape, Gesu offers a holistic education and provides programs that support remedial to advanced learners. Your gift supports our dedicated faculty and the distinctive learning experiences they provide.
- General Operating Costs: From keeping the lights on to staffing high-caliber teachers, your general operating contribution impacts Gesu students each day.
- Sponsor a Child: Your gift covers the majority of the annual cost to educate one Gesu student. Gesu sends you regular updates about your sponsored child’s progress. Many sponsors get to know their students through our special sponsorship events. Learn more about Sponsor a Child.
- Literacy Programs: Youth Education for Tomorrow (YET), Youngest Scholars, and Backe Advanced Writing Program provide individualized instruction and unique learning opportunities, even in the summer.
- Extended Day Programs: Our Gesu Extra Mile (GEM) Program and state certified After-School Program offer a safe environment, homework help, and access to exploring new skills, from chess to crochet and healthy cooking.
- The Arts: Gesu students receive weekly instruction in art and music with specialized teachers, bringing opportunities for growth and expression. Gesu has partnerships with organizations across the city.
- STEM: Starting in Pre-K, weekly lessons in our science lab accompany classroom instruction. Each grade uses cutting-edge technology in its classroom. Math classes, remedial to advanced, are intentionally small.
Explore United Way and Matching Gift Programs
Encourage your employees to support Gesu through:
- United Way Donor Choice. Enter #7408 for The Gesu School, Inc. to designate a gift to Gesu School.
- Your Company’s Matching Gift Program
Impact Lives via Tax Credit Giving
Use your business’s PA tax liability to help children attend Gesu through scholarship aid, at minimal cost to corporations and individuals. Learn about OSTC and EITC programs.
Your employees can make a difference in a variety of roles, such as library aides, mentors, coaches, and after-school literacy tutors. Occasional group projects arise.
Donate Goods or Services
In-kind donations for sports teams, classroom use, or events can help Gesu defray costs. Contact the Development Office to learn about current needs.
For more information, contact Gesu’s Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations at 215-763-9077 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gesu 2017-2018 Annual Corporate Partners