Tax Credit Giving
Redirect your tax dollars to educate children in need! By providing Gesu students with scholarship aid, corporations AND individuals can make a substantial impact on children’s futures while receiving tax credits for their contributions through Pennsylvania’s OPPORTUNITY SCHOLARSHIP TAX CREDIT (OSTC) and EDUCATIONAL IMPROVEMENT TAX CREDIT (EITC) programs. Review Gesu's information guide here.
How It Works
- The OSTC and EITC programs provide companies with a 75% tax credit for donations to a non-profit scholarship or educational improvement organization.
- The tax credit increases to 90% if the company commits to making the same donations for two consecutive years.
- A business paying taxes in Pennsylvania can receive up to $750,000 in tax credits annually (or $1,500,000 when applying through both programs).
- Qualifying individuals with a PA income tax liability join an SPE and make a required two-year commitment to contribute the same level of scholarship donation each year.
- Participating members will receive a 90% credit on their personal Pennsylvania taxes and further savings with a federal charitable deduction.
To discuss whether EITC or OSTC is right for you or your company and to walk through the EITC/OSTC application process, contact the Development Office at 215-763-9077 or email@example.com.
Parents: Gesu School awards EITC and OSTC scholarships to Gesu School students as part of the financial aid package they receive upon registering. If you are interested in enrolling your child(ren) at Gesu, contact our main office at 215-763-3660.