Whom we Serve
Gesu School is an independent, Catholic school primarily serving the children of North Philadelphia. Here is a snapshot of our children and families:*
- 400 children grades Pre-K through 8 attend Gesu School.
- Approximately 6% of students are Catholic.
- Approximately one out of five of our Gesu families has incomes below the Federal Poverty Level.
- Approximately 54% of Gesu families has an annual income of less than $35,000.
- Gesu School qualifies 100% for free/reduced breakfast and lunch programs.
- More than 50% of students come from single-parent households.
*Based on 2022-2023 registration/enrollment data (self-reported)
Our children and families are amazingly resilient in the face of the daily challenges and obstacles they encounter. A Gesu education often opens countless doors and gives our students the tools for a bright, successful future.
Gesu School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origins in the administration of its educational policies, its admission policies, or in any school administered programs.
Priority in admissions will be given to children of alumni and siblings of current students.
Priority in admissions will be given to moderate- and low-income families.